One reason it’s been hard to diagnose Junior’s turbo pressure problem is that it’s been really hard to get the system up to the 15 PSI necessary, so today I created this:
Here it is hooked up to the turbo input and my compressor:
With this I was finally able to get a good seal. The leak at the join between the turbo output and the resonator pipe had returned. I was able to “repair” it by loosening the *one* screw that holds it on, wiggling artfully, and re-tightening the screw. I don’t have a high degree of confidence it will last forever, and this might be why:
The end of that tube is supposed to be round. I’m not sure why a corner is buzzed off. The place where the seal happens is way inside the pipe where you can see it narrow down, so I have my doubts that this effecting that seal, but if the problem keeps popping up in this location I’ll order a new one.
I re-did the Kessel Run to Webberville and everything worked. However, I lost the turbo coming out of the parking lot of a grocery store less than a mile from where I live. I ordered the replacement pipe along with a turn signal on the mirror I shattered before I got used to the Junior’s size. If I have time I might try some artful banging on the bracket again tomorrow before I leave to visit Abigail, but if I don’t it won’t be the first time I make the 100 mile one-way trip without the turbo. Replacing the pipe will take less than 20 minutes when it arrives next week.