Sawing My Way Into Bed

At first the new bed didn’t fit.






I had to reduce the total width down 1/2″ and make about another 1/2 on either side for the wheel wells, *and* I had to take the side off to get it in there, but it fits!


I couldn’t screw on the lower left corner because the van was in the way, so I use these Simpson Strong Tie pieces to hold that join together:


I also did some hacking into the uprights to allow space for the door hinges:


I’m fairly certain this Sketchup diagram is accurate after several revisions:


We also finally got Mom into an orthopedic hand specialist today. Her left hand, while improving, has been very painful and the swelling there has only just now gone down significantly when it improved elsewhere a lot faster. She was diagnosed as having a small non-displaced fracture, which is about what we had guessed. The doc proscribed the same kind of removable splint she had already been wearing, but we got a left-handed one instead of the upside-down right handed one she’s been using. She said to wear it for three weeks, and a follow up visit probably wouldn’t be necessary. We’re going to try to figure out how long I need to stay, but it definitely won’t be for that entire time. In the meantime we’ll be once again setting up her apartment for one-handed use, and I’ll be getting the bed, the fridge, and the sink set up in the van. I should have a pretty useable full-time living space by the time I leave.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s